The Average Joe Reviews 100 followers Q&A is coming soon. If you want a question answering, leave it in the comments of this post and I will answer it. Thank you again for 100 followers, now onto the post.
“Hmm…what’s this Joe? You’ve done the Brotherhood Tag twice already, why are you doing it again?” First off thanks for asking, second WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM? Well…now that that unbearable joke out-of-the-way, yes I have done this tag before, but it will always be my favourite tag for a few reasons. One, it was one of the first tags I was ever nominated for all the way back when I first started blogging. Secondly, I love the questions, so naturally when good ol’ Scott’s Brotherhood tag appeared before me, I had to do it. Plus he said anyone can do it, so I figured ‘why not?’
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the questions sent to you.
- Nominate around 10 bloggers.
- Create your own set of questions for your nominees and display the rules.
Now let’s get on with those questions.
What do you think your blogging style is?
I think I have a mix of sarcasm and informative. I also really dissect the topics and media I talk about, which is largely why I love doing my discussion posts since it gives me an excuse to ramble. I’ve mentioned it before but I take a lot of inspiration from the Youtuber Brandon Tenold, a cult movie reviewer who actually gave me the idea to start a review blog. I like to be very analytical but I prefer to do it with a sense of irony or self-awareness. I don’t want to be too sarcastic that I appear unprofessional but I also don’t want to be too serious that I appear unaproachable.
What is an activity that you do outside of blogging?
Well…there’s a few. I enjoy drawing a lot, in fact I’m working on a drawing project right now, whether or not it will be public is up for debate. I also enjoy gaming, particularly beat em’ ups like Senran Kagura and survival/sandbox games like Minecraft and Terraria. Outside of blogging writing I also enjoy fiction writing and doing tabletop RPGs like D&D and Call of Cythulu. One other activity I enjoy is posing my old Bionicle figures. I spend hours positioning my Bionicle’s in poses, then put them away and do it all again later, yes I am lonely.
If you wanted to visit an anime’s world, which one would you choose?
Ah yes, the age-old question that many an anime fan has debated. I’m going to assume I’d become an integral part of the story. I’d either go with Senran Kagura because… favourite franchise, or Kobayashi Dragon Maid since it’s pretty normal but has that little bit of weirdness that would really spice up my days. Also I’d live in a world with Lucoa and that is a world I aim to find. Honourable mentions go to Laputa, Howls moving castle and the Professor Layton worlds.
If you could summon three warriors from different anime realms to be your servants in some sort of Fate/ Situation, who would you choose?
- Haruka: Here she is, my number one anime waifu. Haruka is smart, powerful and has that wonderful sadistic streak I love so much. Also I know this question mentions how these characters would become my servants, but Haruka would probably make me her servant.
- Akeno: Another sadistic waifu, Akeno would be great to have as a servant since she can teach me all her magic circle secrets. I could learn interdimensional travel, elemental control and the power to shoot lightning, if that doesn’t sell you then nothing will. Also Akeno is just…the ultimate DxD waifu.
- Master Roshi: Of all the Dragon Ball characters I could have picked, why Roshi? Well it’s because of all the mentors that exist in Dragon Ball, Roshi is probably the most approachable, there’s no way I could train under Whis or the Kaioshin’s. Roshi’s longevity has given him a wealth of experience and his training is also simpler. He pushes human bodies to superhuman levels, and he know the god damn Kamehameha, who doesn’t want to know how to use that?
Favorite genre of anime
Slice of Life. I do enjoy fantasy, sci-fi, fighting etc, but slice of life is just that bit more special to me. I like slice of life since it often applies real world things to the show but with that extra anime twist that makes it a distinctly unique. Some of my favourite anime are slice of life, Kobayashi Dragon Maid, Dagashi Kashi (Season 1), Gakuen Babysitters and Super Sonico the Animation.
Final Words and my questions
- Who or what was your main inspiration for starting up blogging?
- Favourite anime superpower?
- Do you do any other forms of writing outside of blogging?
- Any weird hobbies?
- During your time blogging, long or short, what would you consider to be your favourite moment/milestone?
I’m not going to nominate anyone this time round, I’ve done this tag 3 times now and feel like these things are better left open to everyone. So if you want to do this tag, consider yourself tagged.
Thank you for reading I hope you enjoyed it, if you did please consider leaving a like and following my blog for updates on future posts. Also follow me on twitter @joe_reviews for further updates and general nonsense. Till next time.